Explore GEN family of websites, social media experiences, blogs and more.

Unleashing ideas.
Strengthening startups.

Back to search results
    Date submitted
  • 30-Nov-2015

Electricity from walking of humans

Abstract

Renewable Power plants constituted only 28% of total installed capacity and Non-Renewable Power Plants constituted the remaining 72%.

• 1.4 billion that still have no access to electricity (87% of whom live in the rural areas) and 1 billion that only has access to unreliable electricity networks.

• We need smart and practical approach because energy, as a driver of development, plays a central role in both fighting poverty and addressing climate change.

• The implications are enormous: families forego entrepreneurial endeavors, children cannot study after dark, health clinics do not function properly, and women are burdened with time consuming chores such as pounding grain or hauling water, leaving them with less time to engage in income generating activities.

• Further, it is estimated that kitchen smoke leads to around 1.5 million premature deaths every year, more than the number of deaths from malaria each year.

• After gaining access to energy, households generate more income, are more productive and are less hungry, further multiplying the Millennium Development Goal's progress."

• In order to solve the above mentioned issues we need a way to harness the wasted electricity and drive to useable form

• The daily routine work activities releasing enormous amount of pressure can be fruitfully used to drive power using the natural tendency of some elements. We have devised simple sandwich assembly that converts mechanical pressure to electricity and gets activated. The top panel of the flooring has a solar panel which would help harness the solar energy thus multiplying the output many times.

India's industrial demand accounted for 35% of electrical power requirement, domestic household use accounted for 28%, agriculture 21%, commercial 9%, public lighting and other miscellaneous applications accounted for the rest. Power cuts are common throughout India and the consequent failure to satisfy the demand for electricity has adversely effected India's economic growth. In December 2011, over 300 million Indian citizens had no access to frequent electricity. Over one third of India's rural population lacked electricity, as did 6% of the urban population. Of those who did have access to electricity in India, the supply was intermittent and unreliable.

Hence we propose a system that bridges the gap of all the existing sources of electricity generation. Like Solar needs the mercy of bright sun. Same with wind and other renewable resources which are greatly dependent on nature. How about a renewable source of power generation that is totally under human control.

We may not have nature's mercy everywhere, but one thing that is omnipresent is pressure. Where ever there are any activities carried on we got to have pressure there. If you use system assembly that drives out power each time you put pressure on it. Can’t we use it as in our wish and demand? Let’s clear it through this example.

If we place the sandwiched assembly of the circuits on places of heavy movements like railway stations , joggers parks , college aisles and industrial premises as flooring . The passing movements will create pressure thus activate the system. This assembly can be the connected to storage batteries to accumulate power and drive it as per the need.

Video

Original YouTube URL: Open

Introduction Video

Photos

Additional Questions

Who is your customer?

• To utilize all the public areas (Railway platforms, airports, bus stations, shopping malls etc) and harness the energy released by the movement of these people. • To provide energy collectors in the form of pavements or floor tiles that could harness the mechanical energy and convert it into usable form of electricity. • To eliminate the draw backs of the currently used renewable sources of electricity like solar , hydal etc and to provide an uninterrupted supply of electricity . India's industrial demand accounted for 35% of electrical power requirement, domestic household use accounted for 28%, agriculture 21%, commercial 9%, public lighting and other miscellaneous applications accounted for the rest. Power cuts are common throughout India and the consequent failure to satisfy the demand for electricity has adversely effected India's economic growth. In December 2011, over 300 million Indian citizens had no access to frequent electricity. Over one third of India's rural population lacked electricity, as did 6% of the urban population. Of those who did have access to electricity in India, the supply was intermittent and unreliable

What problem does this idea/product solve or what market need does it serve?

Renewable Power plants constituted only 28% of total installed capacity and Non-Renewable Power Plants constituted the remaining 72%. • 1.4 billion that still have no access to electricity (87% of whom live in the rural areas) and 1 billion that only has access to unreliable electricity networks. • We need smart and practical approach because energy, as a driver of development, plays a central role in both fighting poverty and addressing climate change.

What attributes will make this idea/product successful? Why do you believe that those features will create success?

The daily routine work activities releasing enormous amount of pressure can be fruitfully used to drive power using the natural tendency of some elements. We have devised simple sandwich assembly that converts mechanical pressure to electricity and gets activated. The top panel of the flooring has a solar panel which would help harness the solar energy thus multiplying the output many times.

Explain how you (your team) will execute to make this idea/product successful? What gives you (your team) an advantage over others already in the market or new to this market?

We may not have nature's mercy everywhere, but one thing that is omnipresent is pressure. Where ever there are any activities carried on we got to have pressure there. If you use system assembly that drives out power each time you put pressure on it. Can’t we use it as in our wish and demand? Let’s clear it through this example. If we place the sandwiched assembly of the circuits on places of heavy movements like railway stations , joggers parks , college aisles and industrial premises as flooring . The passing movements will create pressure thus activate the system. This assembly can be the connected to storage batteries to accumulate power and drive it as per the need.