Who is your customer?
01) The profession of rodeo including but not limited to team ropers, barrel racers, steer wrestlers, bull riders, and rodeo devotees of California and various other state circuit events dedicated to organizations such as NHSRA (National High School Rodeo Association), NRIA (National Intercollegiate Rodeo Association), NFR (National Finals Rodeo), PRCA (Professional Rodeo Cowboy Association), APRA (American Professional Rodeo Association), NSPRA (National Senior Pro Rodeo Association), WPRA (Women’s Professional Rodeo Association), and PBR (Professional Bull Riders)
02) The Department of Defense, and other city, state, and government service professionals as well as corporate agencies.
03) The music industry, more specifically, but not limited to country and western genre.
04) High end boutiques in populated affluent areas of Los Angeles, CA., San Francisco, CA., Houston, TX., Las Vegas, NV., New York, NY., Napa Valley, CA., West Palm Beach, FL., Santa Barbara, CA., Newport Beach, CA., Miami Beach, FL., and Colorado Springs, CO. (to name a few).
What problem does this idea/product solve or what market need does it serve?
Blue Ribbon Buckle Co.’s market(s) are the following categories: equestrian/rodeo, country/Western, mainstream fashion, haute couture, and local, state, and Government (personal or contracted).
Focusing on the niche market of rodeo, there are thousands held worldwide each year; in the United States there are 79 more notable rodeos – one being the National Finals Rodeo (NFR) held in Las Vegas, NV. When in 2015, an estimated 178, 000 people attended this event during a 10-day series at the Thomas & Mack Center.
Attending ANY rodeo, the attire of jeans is prominent and likely to be accompanied by a belt; most belts have a buckle - regardless of size, shape, or style.
What attributes will make this idea/product successful? Why do you believe that those features will create success?
The Buckle Locket integrates the standard utilitarian buckle with an industrial strength display case. The display, the glass “window” of the Buckle Locket, is Corning® Gorilla® Glass. Gorilla Glass is a brand of specialized toughened glass developed and manufactured by Corning Inc. which makes the “window” thin, light, and damage resistant; it’s the same technology that protects our electronic devices today. This technology gives the customer added security in knowing that not only is their interior Design Holster well protected, but they are too! The “window” can be customized by adding crystals, semi-precious, and precious stones, as well as etching and/or Pantone® colors. Pantone colors are generally used in the production of corporate design using specific colors e.g. McDonald's® golden yellow.
The frame to the buckle is magnetically interchangeable as well as having a magnetically interchangeable buckle interior - the Design Holster.
The interior Design Holster allows up to .190 inches (approx. 3/16 of an inch) of depth for materials/textures such as paper (photos/dimensional printed designs), wood, glitter (foil/glass), feathers, fabrics (ribbon, lace, etc.), thread (embroidery), suede/leather, crystals and other delicate/vulnerable textiles NEVER before worn as a belt buckle.
I believe the Buckle Locket will be a success, because stamped out, “cookie cutter”, and resin-covered buckles that bare no texture or creative options are products of yesterday.
The Buckle Locket's interchangeable magnetic frames and Design Holsters can be simple or extremely ornate...that’s the beauty of it; no matter the mood or the occasion, the wearer has the freedom to quickly change the look of their buckle.
It's a fresh new take on an accessory that has been around since the 1600's. This buckle is endless in its design features including personal customization - making Blue Ribbon Buckle Co. a scalable business with a lot of potential.
It’s innovative and sophisticated!
Explain how you (your team) will execute to make this idea/product successful? What gives you (your team) an advantage over others already in the market or new to this market?
With manufacturing and production secure, Blue Ribbon Buckle Co. team will initially enter the market by:
01) Launching a BRBCo. e-Commerce website (retail and wholesale)
02) Attending the wholesale markets of e.g. WESA (Western and English Sales Association, Denver, CO)
03) Attending vendor conventions of e.g. NFR/Cowboy Christmas – Las Vegas, NV, celebrity suites for the Country Music Awards and Academy of Country Music Awards
04) Marketing to targeted upscale boutiques
05) Advertising in select niche magazines e.g. Western Lifestyle, Cowgirl
06) Exhibiting product designs at the Swarovski® North America showroom
07) After the success of the first 6 strategies, will then submit product line sheets to retail chains e.g. Sundance, Anthropologie, Pinto Ranch, and Macy’s, and
08) Acquire licensing with e.g. Walt Disney Studios and US Air Force (fulfilling individual custom orders to military personnel and contracting on a Government level).
Blue Ribbon Buckle Co. believes in the Golden Rule; upon having a lean team, we build customer loyalty through continual engagement delivering outstanding customer service.
The first five years will be at a quick growth rate due to:
01) Innovation of the product
02) Fulfilling buckle orders through e-Commerce, wholesale marketplace, and established national retailers
03) Creating new Buckle Locket sizes & Design Holster designs
04) Creating new lines
05) Scaling the product through BRBCo.'s Beyond the Buckle™.
Blue Ribbon Buckle Co. has created a buckle that has the competitive advantage over other belt buckle companies in the market, because the Buckle Locket is the first of its kind. Due to its original design, the Buckle Locket is truly set apart in its own class which can only be matched by itself.